online payments

hi. how do i get a small form put on my website that customers fill in so that i recieve their details so that i can respond to them. and how do i link this form to an online payment service like paypal or someone like that.. so that the customer can pay by credit card but not join up to a payment service... please help..

MichelleC 12:28 08 Dec 03

Paypal is good but the punters have to open a paypal account in order to make payments. This does tend to put some people off. But PP let's you know all the details when a payment's bee made. Otherwise you need to get a merchant bankers account set up which will take a week or so for them to check out your credentials. Forms are usually provided so you just put a hyperlink on your page which shunts people over to the MB. Read as much as you can as some MB's can rip you off.

i have heard that there is a company that accept credit card payments but only take a percentage of the cost. and they dont charge any set up fees do u know who they are..

MichelleC 19:03 08 Dec 03

No, but be careful. If you do a google search you'll find a few MB's. Read the small print and be wary of things like their charges for transfering the proceeds to your bank. Here's a snippet:

What is a Batch Header Fee?

You will be accessed a fee of $0.25 (25 cents) by your bank processor each time you batch your transactions. If you batch only once a day, you will be charged only $0.25 a day. If you AUTO BATCH you will be charged for EACH transaction. (Note: the bank processor charges a penalty for not batching within 24 hours.)

You may also be interested in this;
MERCHANT BANKING ON INTERNET

Maximiser 7 can manage the order direct from your site, but of course, the credit card payment has to be authorised via a merchant account in the normal way.
You'll find that Maximiser has a 'built in' selection of card processors, one of which will open a merchant account for you (subject to status).

The other thing to remember is that you'll need to set up an email digital certificate on the computer which processes the orders.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5