online gaming with on speed

jiggy b 16:53 18 May 04

I've just seen some links to on speed and checked out the blurb on thier site and some of the comments here, but can any one tell me if it will improve gaming online. Im a dial up monkey (skint) and pretty much just play enemy territory or used to as my connection (after moving house recently) is pathetic I constantly ping at 999 on any server I play on.
I understand onspeed uses compression to make pages load faster but does this have any bearing to gaming? Any advice (apart from getting broadband) would be much appreciated...cheers

helmetshine 19:34 18 May 04

It won't have any effect whatsoever on your online gaming
I believe it works by connecting you to the internet thru their server which stores or gets and compresses the pages you want....as you don't connect to gaming servers thru your browser,and i don't see how it could compress a game anyway,plus you also need to send info to the server it won't help
Your only solution is to get B/B really..it may be more money but once you have it you'll wonder how you ever managed on a dial up

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…