Online gaming problems with Voyager 205 router

metalliska 17:10 01 Jul 05

I have a 2Mb broadband connection with BT and i have been having trouble connecting to online servers for some games, namely Battlefield 2 and CounterStrike. Now, i've tried disabling firewalls and anti virus/spyware programs. I've also tried opening up the required ports for the games in the router settings, but i cant connect to any games. I have played other online games with no trouble. I thought that this might be a problem with the router because my friend also has BT broadband, but he bought a separate wireless router and he has no problems. I know this isn't really a games forum but i was wondering if anyone here knows of any issues with this router and online games. Thanks

AndySD 19:27 01 Jul 05

Disabling a software firewall will not stop it blocking ports. Try enabling the ports in the software firewall as the router

rockerbilly 03:00 02 Jul 05

hi try this link- i'm not an online gamer but they have good links/posts regarding port forwarding

rockerbilly 03:05 02 Jul 05

sorry link = click here;action=display;num=1105357259

metalliska 11:09 02 Jul 05

thanks for the replies. I don't think it is a firewall problem because i didn't actually have a software firewall when i first got the game (only just downloaded sp2!). I think i'll just see if I can get my mate to part with his router for a couple of hours so i can try it on my pc. thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…