Online gaming problem..........

IanR2 13:48 05 Nov 03

hi, i have just upgraded to BB & downloaded WOLF ET (all legit by the way) anyway after i have been playing it for about 20mins,it comes up with the message "Connection Interupted" and i have been kicked off.....any ideas...(i have also posted this on ADSLguide..just want extra info as no-one has give me a solid answer :) )

Jester2K II 14:28 05 Nov 03

Kicked off the game or BB connection? Some games will kick those with too high ping rate and some servers will kick those with the highest rates to make room for clan members who own / run the server.

IanR2 14:35 05 Nov 03

thanx for the comment Jester,i think the problem maybe my BB (Pipex) which is having a few problems at the moment,one thing i did notice is down on my tool bar at the bottom of my screen (XP Pro)a green box which said CPU 98% is this bad..? (while playing the game )

? ???K??M? 16:16 05 Nov 03

Think jester nearer the mark CPU usage will be higer than normal when online gaming but this shouldnt kick you unless the pc actually has an error more lickly the server you conected to is havin probs.

Regards.

hugh-265156 17:40 05 Nov 03

click here is very good for finding servers.

click here and run the tester (you may need to configure your firewall to become pingable) should give a rough idea what your connection is like.

IanR2 09:34 07 Nov 03

a bit more info that might help, is that my "auto disconnect" comes up after about 20mins of online gameing....if i click on it i can carry on playing...does something need setting up somewhere...as i thought BB was 24/7....

cheers

simonp1 09:41 07 Nov 03

The CPU is fine, when gaming mine runs at 100%, this makes no difference and will not kick you.

The disconnet, could be down to that server, some servers remove players after a set period of time to ensure they arent hogged,

Try another server ip and see if you get the same result..if so then its down to your bb.

You could also try another game to see if that happens.

When playing what ping do you get...

critic-al 09:45 07 Nov 03

auto disconnect?? should not be an otion on broadband. go to control panel/internet options/connections/dial-up and remove the dialup connection.

IanR2 09:48 07 Nov 03

i'm a bit of a newbie & don't really understand the PING thing, but on the game itself it says my PING is about 30ish....???

critic-al 09:53 07 Nov 03

this may offer further explanations.good luck.

click here

IanR2 10:03 07 Nov 03

cheers for your help,yes i still have my Dial-up settings on my computer,so i will get rid of those ASAP....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…