//some 3rd party need geo

Online facility to check for recent driver updates

JWB 21:44 24 Jun 03

I was wondering if anyone knew if there was a website that you can access that provides a facility to check your PC to see if you have up to date drivers installed. I use Windows XP. Not sure if there is a central resource but it would be nice! Thanks NJ

MichelleC 09:18 25 Jun 03

There's an Aussi site (url is on pc at home) which you subsribe to. It scans pc etc. I'll see if I can get it tomorrow. If you do a Google search you should get some.

-pops- 11:10 25 Jun 03

Why do you want to update drivers on a continual basis?

If I have a system working to my satisfaction, I never update anything unless it is something continually evolving such as anti-virus.

There is a lot of danger in messing around making unnecessary adjustments.

Remember your computer is a tool designed to do something useful, not an end in itself to be continually tarted up and updated.

Brian

Belatucadrus 11:43 25 Jun 03

Run the windows XP update, it will usually advise you if there are updated drivers available, or if you want to you could have a look at the trial version of Drivermagic click here

-pops- 12:06 25 Jun 03

It is rare that I run Windows updates either. They are seldom of importance to my setup and even the clever employees of Mr Gates have been known, more than once, to make a hash up of their updates, as many on here will know.

Brian

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…