online donations page?

Bansaw 10:17 11 Dec 07

I am making a website for a charity and am including a page where you can "donate online".

Obviously I'll put a PayPal icon on there, I think that should be easy, ... but I also what people in the UK and USA to be able to donate by credit card.

Whats the best and most secure way of passing the donor on? I don't have a https secure server myself, so I'll have to pass them somewhere.

Also, is WorldPay like Paypal? Should I include that?
Any other ideas?

Thanks!

Kemistri 11:18 11 Dec 07

Worldpay is very different to Paypal - whereas PP takes money from the customer's/donor's dedicated transfer account, WP is a credit card processing system to which your customer/donor is redirected. I regularly use a couple of small but highly reputable retailers that use Worldpay and it is very commonly used by software providers. Also investigate Nochex.

Bansaw 12:14 11 Dec 07

If I go for WorldPay, would donors in America as well as the UK be able to contribute via their credit cards easily?

Also, does WorldPay expect some cut like PayPal?

I'd like also to get my site "verified" if possible by someone to give my donors some confidence.

Thanks for help so far...

Kemistri 12:16 11 Dec 07

Yes, they would. The "World" bit can be taken literally.

Probably - no such thing as a free lunch, only free software.

Not sure about that - The Charities Commission might be able to advise you.

Bansaw 14:22 11 Dec 07

Apparently CAF click here
Charities Aid foundation do "EFundraising" solution, and also another is JustGiving click here

Which also offer a solution.
So, I am looking at one of the two to accompany my PayPal icon.

Thanks,

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…