online course

stoned guy 19:10 25 Apr 05

ok i now realise i need more learning. i no basicish html abosloute no java script or flash media not to good at desiging etcetc jajajajajaja ,
any have an opinion on what would be a good online course to take an extensive one, ok thanks

Forum Editor 23:51 25 Apr 05

is to run a search for 'java tutorial' or 'Flash tutorial' etc. You'll get dozens of returns. I'm not an advocate of taking structured courses, I think it's better - and certainly more fun - to teach yourself by practising. By all means read tutorials, and then try out your newly-acquired knowledge on a site of your own. All ISPs provide you with free webspace, so you have a ready-made practice ground. You'll see your successes and failures in real time, on the web, which is by far the best way of doing it.

When you're stuck you can always come here for practical help and encouragement, and we'll provide you with honest opinions on your design skills.

Not everyone has natural design ability
but design principles can be taught or acquired. A good designer could look at a hundred web sites and make improvements to 90 of them, so don't feel you're in a minority when you say you're not too good at designing. You'll pick up ideas from other sites, and add some of your own. Gradually you'll learn what looks good and what doesn't, and your site will improve as you go along. It will not be a rapid process, but your time and effort will be rewarded - stick at it, even when you appear to be getting nowhere.

stoned guy 00:10 26 Apr 05

thank you ill post the link to the sites i have made which is my dads business site withing this week and see what u think , cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…