Online backup services

iconoclast 17:55 19 Mar 08

Following the theft of one of my PCs, I have decided to use an online backup service to deal with my working files (probably less than 5GB). I have tried the BT service -expensive, restricted capacity, complicated and unreliable - and am currently taking advantage of Carbonite's free 15 day trial (automatic in real time, no size limits and extremely inexpensive against BT). Any recommendations for others which I might consider before I finally commit? Thanks

Pesala 18:00 22 Mar 08

I cannot comment about online backup, but I backup to Flash drives and keep them in my pocket. Much faster data transfer: click here

Pesala 18:00 22 Mar 08

I compress data first with 7-Zip archiver: click here

Clapton is God 18:45 22 Mar 08

I signed up to this click here some time ago, but never got around to using it, so can't comment on its usefulness or security.

5GB of free storage

iconoclast 22:14 22 Mar 08

Have been using flash drives as a backup for a number of years; problem is that you need to remember to backup frequnetly and regularly (and they are easily misplaced). I have opted for Carbonite's service - unlimited storage (I'm now up to 15GB), automatic backup and only $49/year
But thanks for the suggestions....

octal 07:47 23 Mar 08

15GB and your computer crashes, I hope you've got a fast connection and no monthly download cap.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…