online back up

harps1h 12:54 09 Jan 05

some of you out there are professionals and i was wondering whether any of you use online back up companies for data storage and if you do would you think it is more beneficial than local storage like tape or external servers. i know there was an aticlcle in another mag about this but i would loike to know if anyone had a hands on experience on this.

any thoughts would be apprecicated as this information which i coold use for an assignment

harps

TomJerry 13:06 09 Jan 05

online suppliers nrmally use data center which normal have multiple copies in different sites, so much safe, but this only applied to big and well established companies, but normally the cost is very high

if you want to do local backup, make sure you have two copies on different media and store them in different locations

if data are important to you, do two backups one local and one on-line, it is unlikely you will loss two copies at the same time

harps1h 17:14 09 Jan 05

bump

mattyc_92 18:05 09 Jan 05

I don't think that "on-line backups" are safe at all...

1)if their "server" is down, then you can't access your backup

2)it is quite easy for some people out there to "hack" into a server and change or copy some of the files

3)if the company run out of business, then you have just lost all of the backups

harps1h 21:37 10 Jan 05

bump please help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…