Onetel.net.uk or Onetel.com - Email scam?

Pesala 18:14 26 Jul 04
  GaT7 18:28 26 Jul 04

It is genuine. I just did it for mine yesterday.

I recently made a new secondary email ID at OneTel & had to make it in the format [email protected]. My main ID was [email protected], now changed to [email protected]. HTH, G

An excerpt from the email - "Your email will automatically be forwarded to your new onetel.com
address until 1st September 2004 after this date your onetel.net.uk email address will cease to exist. After September 1st we will then return any emails attempted to be sent to this address and advise the sender to replace the onetel.net.uk part of your email address with
onetel.com."

rusty 18:30 26 Jul 04

I also had notice last week to change my Email address from onetel.net.co.uk.

I went to the web site an compleated the online forms to change my E address ( which should be done before 1st September.)

I recive my Emails via "POP3"using Outlook Express with no problems so I would say this is a genuine change.

I have read somewere that Microsoft are making a universial password for websites using the prefix NET this could be the reason for the change.

Rusty

Pesala 18:46 26 Jul 04

Thanks for the feedback.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…