onetel speed and email

gilla 18:06 18 Feb 03

This onetel i have is driving me crackers.
It takes ages to download emai (thais if it downloads at all) and the bb connection so slow.

Pesala 18:14 18 Feb 03

I used to use One Tel, but found the connection too slow. Although I had to pay my phone bill to One Tel, I used Clara as my ISP. Only problem was finding a 1p / minute phone number for dialup.

Switcher 18:16 18 Feb 03

I use onetel and it is ususally very fast (BB) and have no problem downloading email although there appears to be a a problem with Email today.

anchor 19:17 18 Feb 03

Quote from the OneTel site,

Broadband status:-

Mail Server (e-mail) = Delays with delivery of mail.

That explains you problem with mail.- (note: ordinary dial up e-mail is working fine).

You can check your broadband speed here:

click here

Pappyon 19:58 18 Feb 03

I use the Onetel 1p per minute service as a backup and have nothing but praise for it

nogga 20:18 18 Feb 03

I have had Onetel since its beginning and although at times it does slow down a bit, it is cheap though and useful as a backup ISP

TomFinneythebest 21:37 18 Feb 03

Thanks Switcher & anchor I thought I had messed my E-mail up (Onetel) did'nt know how, usually I find Onetel pretty good.Hopefully things will be O.K. tomorrow. Sorry that you find Onetel slow gilla good luck anyhow.

anchor 09:42 19 Feb 03

Like Pappyon, I use OneTel dial-up 1p/min as a back up service.

I find their speed equally as good as any other dial-up service.

I use their phone service too; excellent and cheaper than BT.

gilla 09:45 19 Feb 03

Thank you all for your comments. I think I must have been jinxed yesterday I had an electricity power cut last evening too. Maybe I should go bsck to candles and a book at bedtime.................

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…