One&One MS Business Hosting

Sir Radfordin 13:30 16 Aug 03

Have got a domain at One&One with MS Business Hosting. Can upload files without any problems. Problem is that when you try and visit the site (click here) you get asked for a username/passowrd. This is the one on the FTP account. How do I give other people access to the site?

hmmm...must be something simple what am I failing to do!?

AndySD 15:06 16 Aug 03

Is there a www folder in your hosted web space?

AndySD 15:21 16 Aug 03

If you use FTP please upload your web into the home directory (root respectively (?/?). Are you uploading into the wrong section ?

Sir Radfordin 15:41 16 Aug 03

If I go to the Oneandone Webspace - directory setting and click change and then list directory I get the following folders:

Root

with sub folders db, images, logs, _private

clicking Root (top folder) puts /. as the Home directory which is what has the index.html file in it.

Using WS_FTP to login it puts you to the top level of the folder and calls the path /uxxxxxxxx (x is a number) which is the login ID.

There is no WWW folder. Should there be?

AndySD 15:48 16 Aug 03

click here may help.

What you have done sounds correct. Let me ponder a min or two.

Sir Radfordin 15:55 16 Aug 03

Thanks for the assistance even if no progress made yet!

Don't have a problem FTPing stuff up, and can access the site if I put in the FTP username/password when requested.

AndySD 16:03 16 Aug 03

It looks like you may be able to set this in your 1&1 control panel "Directory Protection: Create closed user groups" click here;jsessionid=7EAF561C9D2F3FC26EE793E287109F41.TC32a?__frame=_top but they have free phone support

"Free unlimited express support by mail, phone & live chat
Free professional support by Email or by calling 08708 503 305.
Whenever you experience a problem using one of our products or simply have a question, our highly trained support team will be happy to assist until you are 100% satisfied. We guarantee to solve any problem at least within one working day."

It may be worth a try first.

Sir Radfordin 16:06 16 Aug 03

Lets give them a call then...!

AndySD 16:07 16 Aug 03

Lets try another link click here

Sir Radfordin 16:15 16 Aug 03

Have to wait for Monday to come to use the phone :( ah well, sent them an email so we'll see what happens. Most confused.

Forum Editor 18:48 16 Aug 03

there would have been a preloaded page (default.html) already in the root folder - did you delete it?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…