One-word link in emails

sharpe 12:32 14 May 07

Hi, I wonder if anyone can tell me how to put a link to a site in an email using just a word, i.e. Here?

I know how to do it on a forum but not in an email.

Thanks in advance.

GroupFC 12:46 14 May 07

Assuming you are using Outlook Express:-

Type the word you want to make the link and highlight it. Go to Insert>hyperlink and in the box either type the address or better still copy and paste. (this is only possible if your message is in HTML rather than plain text.

HTH

sharpe 20:04 14 May 07

Hi Group FC,

I'm thick or something as even though I am following your suggestions I can't get it to work!

Any chance you can perhaps do a step by step?

Cheers.

MAJ 20:43 14 May 07

Are you using Outlook Express? If not, which email client are you using?

sharpe 20:51 14 May 07

Yes, I'm using OE. I've done what Group FC said but I can't get it to go into one word in the email.

MAJ 20:55 14 May 07

If Outlook Express:

1. Type the word you want to become a hyperlink.
2. Highlight that word by dragging your cursor over it.
3. With the word highlighted, go to Inert > Hyperlink.
4. A dialog box will appear asking you to typein/paste in the url of the site you want the hyperlink to take you to.
5. When you have typed/pasted in the URL, click OK.

The word should now turn a blue underlined font, indicating that will act as a hyperlink. The hyperlink wont work until the email is received. You can however test the hyperlink before sending it by going to View > Source Edit and clicking on the 'Preview' tab at the bottom of the email.

MAJ 20:58 14 May 07

1. Type the word you want to become a hyperlink.
2. Highlight that word by dragging your cursor over it.
3. With the word highlighted, go to Insert > Hyperlink.
4. A dialog box will appear asking you to type/paste in the url of the site you want the hyperlink to take you to.
5. When you have typed/pasted in the URL, click OK.

The word should now turn a blue underlined font, indicating that it will act as a hyperlink. The hyperlink wont work until the email is received. You can however test the hyperlink before sending it by going to View > Source Edit and clicking on the 'Preview' tab at the bottom of the email.

sharpe 21:11 14 May 07

Excellent! It works! Many many thanks.

MAJ 21:15 14 May 07

Happy to help, sharpe. Credit to GroupFC though, I only expanded a little on his correct answer.

GroupFC 22:16 14 May 07

That's what I like about this forum - I have to go away and do some work and somebody else steps in with the help!

Sorry, sharpe, but this is the first chance I have had to log back in! Anyway, glad you got it sorted.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now