One-Way Network

HondaMan 16:17 07 Jun 05

I have a laptop, AJP 6000 (XP Home SP2) and a home-built desktop (XP Pro SP2). All works, printers, scanner etc, EXCEPT the desktop to laptop wireless and wired connections. I can download files from the desktop to the laptop FROM the laptop - no problem, but I cannot send a file TO the laptop FROM the desktop. Laptop to desktop works fine as does internet from both comptuers via BBand. Norton Internet Security on both, updated to latest downloads. Settings on both computers match, as far as I can tell.

The desktop can see the laptop in workgroup computer window, but I cannot access it. The laptop can see the desktop and I have full access to it.

Can anyone help me understand why the ******** I cannot access my laptop from my desktop.

Many thanks

selfbuild 18:09 07 Jun 05

Try disabling the firewall on the laptop... if it now works, re-enable the firewall and see what happens....

wsneddon 22:19 07 Jun 05

Have you setup a workgroup n the machines and enabled file and printer sharing or do you have a firewall installed on the laptop?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…