One soundcard Two CD's

carlos 19:59 24 Sep 03

Thanks DJohn, for the thread title!
My apologies for getting messy but I'm rather confused. If one has two devices eg CDRW and a DVDRom or RW, aren't both plugged into the sound card?

BarryKeith 20:13 24 Sep 03

You do not need to have either connected to the sound card, they will work just fine using the digital signal that is fed via the computer.

carlos 20:21 24 Sep 03

Thanks, Barry. Will try this tomorrow. Got lost in the "failure" of my new BTC DVD multi...perhaps this is causing the problems? Or my decision to attach two audio cables to the CDin and the aux sockets on the sound card.I've given up tonight and scurried back to my other PC to post AND listen to soothing music without problems lol

carlos 12:12 25 Sep 03

worked fine, Djohn. I actually had digital enabled anyway...perhaps a default? I've never, ever read of this before but hey! away with the cables. Thanks

carlos 12:13 25 Sep 03

now to sort out the DVD multi!!!

Djohn 12:20 25 Sep 03

Your welcome. Pleased you cured it in the end. Sorry that my explanation was not a little more detailed. [Poor memory] But knew it would work. Regards. j.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…