one to play with (fake yahoo messenger)

johnnyrocker 23:31 07 Jun 04

this evening when i booted up i could not get into yahoo mesenger just kept trying to log ineventually i logged into yahoo.com and was offered the latest vers (no thank you bin there)went to yahoo.co.uk and downloaded messenger over existing and all worked ok, 40 mins later spy begone which has sat in my sys tray pops up and says i have a parasite (guess what? fake yahoo messenger!!) spy begone asks if i want to be protected got to pay $40 updated adaware/spy bot avg cant find it spy begone still does, xp pro any ideas?

johnny.

stalion 23:47 07 Jun 04

try here click here

johnnyrocker 23:50 07 Jun 04

massive site but the message escapes me.

johnny.

stalion 23:56 07 Jun 04

do you know the name of the parasite that you have

Dan the Confused 23:56 07 Jun 04

click here

Also, change your yahoo password.

johnnyrocker 23:58 07 Jun 04

yes stalion it is as posted fake yahoo messenger.

johnny.

johnnyrocker 00:06 08 Jun 04

thanks dan it was running now stopped dont fancy at all going in the registry, but thanks for the offer, any other options and how did it get here in the first place please?

johnny.

Dan the Confused 00:16 08 Jun 04

You don't have to go into the registry. Just follow the manual removal instructions and remove the files it tells you to.

johnnyrocker 00:19 08 Jun 04

ok cheers i try, still a mystery how it got in.

johnny.

johnnyrocker 08:38 08 Jun 04

^

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…