one piece of hardware 2 drivers?

orkstu 18:46 17 Nov 04

is it possible to have two different drivers for one piece of hardware? my video card's (graphics/ tv card combo) bundled driver works fine with the tv tuner, but games (medal of honour etc) will not work with it. if i install a newer driver the opposite happens. am i down to dual boot or can anyone suggest anything else? card is a asus v9520 home theater.

Diodorus Siculus 20:06 17 Nov 04

Dual booting is an option and certainly has its advantages for gaming in general... turn off all unnecessary services, processes etc.

orkstu 13:30 18 Nov 04

thanks for that, thought i'd try to do that this morning but ran into a snag almost imediately. My 160gig drive boots through a raid card, and when i try to install xp on another drive/ partition, on first restart machine encounters a blue screen problem, and it wont accept the bundled drivers for the raid controller saying there is a conflict....ho hum...back to the drawing board..

Diodorus Siculus 18:55 18 Nov 04

There are, I believe, options to set drivers as disabled in various profiles - have you tried any of those options. I don't know much about it though, but it may be a help.

orkstu 22:25 18 Nov 04

yip tried the hardware profile route, but when i update driver in one profile it automatically updates the one in the other, unfortunately

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos