one piece of hardware 2 drivers?

orkstu 18:46 17 Nov 04

is it possible to have two different drivers for one piece of hardware? my video card's (graphics/ tv card combo) bundled driver works fine with the tv tuner, but games (medal of honour etc) will not work with it. if i install a newer driver the opposite happens. am i down to dual boot or can anyone suggest anything else? card is a asus v9520 home theater.

Diodorus Siculus 20:06 17 Nov 04

Dual booting is an option and certainly has its advantages for gaming in general... turn off all unnecessary services, processes etc.

orkstu 13:30 18 Nov 04

thanks for that, thought i'd try to do that this morning but ran into a snag almost imediately. My 160gig drive boots through a raid card, and when i try to install xp on another drive/ partition, on first restart machine encounters a blue screen problem, and it wont accept the bundled drivers for the raid controller saying there is a conflict....ho hum...back to the drawing board..

Diodorus Siculus 18:55 18 Nov 04

There are, I believe, options to set drivers as disabled in various profiles - have you tried any of those options. I don't know much about it though, but it may be a help.

orkstu 22:25 18 Nov 04

yip tried the hardware profile route, but when i update driver in one profile it automatically updates the one in the other, unfortunately

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…