One OS (XP) - two 'faces'

User-1341895 11:18 02 Mar 09

I have a P-II PC with 2 HDDs 160 GB each, memory OK, OS - W-XP, Office 2003. My idea is to have one HDD for work, the 2nd - for leisure, with 2 'faces' - 'c:\' with its own wallpaper/screensaver, WORK ONLY icons, etc. PLUS 'Disc D:\' icon. On pushing the latter, you get a different disc with its own wallpaper/screensaver, games & other icons + 'Disc C:\' icon for easy and fast return to 'work'.
Anyone to share the knowledge?
Since I'm just over the 'semi-demi-experienced user' stage, kindly explain the 'how-to' step-by-step, if possible.

mgmcc 12:10 02 Mar 09

If you're going to have a "dual boot" system with XP installed in two separate hard drives, you would need to reboot each time you wanted to swap and not simply "press a button".

You might be better simply having two "User Accounts" within the single XP installation, then you could log out of one and log into the other without rebooting. You could have different wallpapers, screensavers etc with different programs available to each user account depending whether the Shortcut is placed in the Documents & Settings for User1, User2 or "All Users".

User-1341895 12:38 02 Mar 09

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!!
How do I:
... create two "User Accounts" within the single XP installation, to log out of one and log into the other without rebooting to have different wallpapers, screensavers etc.
...with different programs available to each user account depending whether the Shortcut is placed in the Documents & Settings for User1, User2 or "All Users"...
Can you help with step-by-step instructions?

User-1229748 12:48 02 Mar 09
  User-1341895 12:55 02 Mar 09

Thank u, smackheadz!
Shall study carefully and, depending on the result, come back...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant