One laptop can't 'see' wireless home network

James1979 21:29 22 Aug 09

Hi - I Have a strange wireless networking problem. I have two laptops and a desktop PC. I have a wireless home network which one laptop and the desktop all connect to without any problems (local and internet). The issue I have is with one of the laptops - it doesn't see the home wireless network in it's available networks. It does see my neighbours networks however, and the other computers in the house see my home network so it seems to be a problem with one laptop (Toshiba Satellite) and the home wireless network. It will find it when wired to the router. The strangest thing is that last night it found it for a few hours and worked perfectly! Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

tullie 15:10 24 Aug 09

Have you tried it wired first?

dawood 16:43 26 Aug 09

Think you can enable SSID broadcast on router if you have not done so, after that test again. You can also go to wireless adapter manufacturer website to download latest driver, uninstall old driver and install latest driver on laptop. Here are more wireless network troubleshooting tips click here , take a look if you like.

kidsis 16:11 28 Aug 09

try going in to the router settings and changing the channel.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…