One ISP account 2 Skype Users Question

portofcall 16:46 01 Dec 05

Have tried all suggestions from forum as well as skype forum (useless!). So here it is; I am in the US but also have home in the UK. I have installed skype on both home and away computer. I have one aol account (broadband). I am logged on to make skype call (separate aco*!@:) but let's say "on away computer". Both computers cannot be online at exactly the same time as message comes up "someone else is using aol at this time, please try again later", therefore the opporunity to use skype for the purpose of "calling home" doesn't quite work unless someone else has the answer. No two computers can log on to one account at the same time. Therefore, you cannot use skype on one ISP account (aol) OR CAN YOU? That's the scenario and that's the problem. Thanks.

dawnyworld 16:52 01 Dec 05

can you not just go setup another acount with Gmail or the like , it works for me i got 3 pc's on skype
down a shared connection

portofcall 17:54 01 Dec 05

Try using an internet phone service (skype) and logging on to the internet then dial yourself. What I think you'll find is: you can only log on to your account if anyone else tries to log on one or the other will shutdown thus you cannot use skype on one ISP account due to the fact that you cannot log two computer on at the same time on one account. Whew,that is a mouthful.

portofcall 08:55 03 Dec 05

To all who have written to help this idiot....many thanks for your help. I finally got it right and now it all works just fine. I do thank you for your time and patience.

Skip

Stuartli 11:29 03 Dec 05

You are being a bit hard on yourself.

Everyone has problems sometimes and, occasionally, it's just a case of not seeing the wood for the trees...:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…