ONE CD GAME KEEPS CRASHING SAME PLACE

BCJ 22:37 04 Mar 03

I HAVE WIN2000.TRYING TO PLAY ADVENT.GAME.AFTER INSTALLATION AND PLAYING IT CRASHED AT ONE PARTICULAR SPOT IN THE GAME.UNINSTALLED,REINSTALLED,NO GOOD -CRASH IN SAME SPOT.GOT NEW CD.GAME STILL CRASHED IN SAME SPOT.INSTALLED GAME ON DIFF.COMPUTER GAME DIDN'T CRASH IN THAT PARTICULAR SPOT.TOOK FLOPPY COPY OF SAVE GAME ON DIFF.COMPUTER AND LOADED IT INTO MY COMP.STILL NO GOOD SAVED GAME WOULDNT COME UP.WHY?
DO I HAVE SOME SORT OF BUG?I HAVE RUN VIRUS SCAN,NOTHING COMES UP.DO I HAVE TO DELVE INTO COMP.AND REMOVE FILES.PLEASE HELP.WHENEVER I TRY TO LOAD SAVE-FILES IT COMES UP WITH MESSAGE THAT I WILL OVERWRITE ORIGINAL FILES,EVEN AFTER I HAVE PERMANENTLY DELETED PREVIOUS SAVES.

Terrahawk 00:22 05 Mar 03

have you checked that the game is win2k compatible as some games run badly on win2k if at all

p.s if you repost this in lower case you may get more response as the use of caps is considered to be shouting

goodluck

BCJ 04:15 05 Mar 03

Thankyou Terrahawk for explaining about upper and lower case.Apologies all round please.
The game I'm playing is Win2k compatible,my mates'computer which is identical to mine,played it perfectly.I think for some unknown reason I can't get rid of my old "saves" and when I reinstall, the old "saves" come up.I've deleted these old "saves"from mydocs,and myprogs,in fact anywhere I can find them,plus old adventgame folders.and then emptied the recycle bin.

MartinT-B 11:23 05 Mar 03

Try this - I had a similar problem with Morrowind on 98SE.

Un-install game.
Remove game folder and all saves from PC too.
Delete all files in temp folder
reboot.
Close all running programs except explorer and sys tray - easy in 98SE, don't know about win2K
re-install.

A cluttered tremp folder and/or running programs in background can interfere with program installation, esp. if it is a large program such as Norton System works or a game.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…