one case to another case

phildux 18:21 01 May 05

can i just take the guts out of one computer and just put them into a new case. computer guts are ok ( i think ) but the case is now very shabby.

BurrWalnut 18:44 01 May 05

Yes, providing they are the same size, i.e. micro ATX, ATX, etc.

phildux 12:17 08 May 05

can somebody tell me how do i find out if my machine is AT or ATX.

Joe R 12:25 08 May 05

phildux,

Measure the size of your mobo, atx should be 30.5 cm x 24.5 cm

phildux 12:31 08 May 05

somebody told me if the plugs are white its atx and if they are transparent then its at, dose that sound right?

dan11 14:53 08 May 05

They are two easy ways to identify the difference between an AT and ATX power supply.

An AT motherboard power connector is two plastic blocks, each with six wires in it. The black wires must face each other. click here

An ATX motherboard power connector is one plastic block of 2 rows with 10 pins on each row.
click here

The other way is how the case power switch is connected. If it has two thin wires going to the motherboard, it is ATX. If it has a thick power cable running to the PSU, then it is AT ( as it carries mains power ).

woodchip 14:58 08 May 05

Last time I so a thread on hear he finished up with two duff computers. Just to get a better looking case

Mr Mistoffelees 15:48 08 May 05

I've just moved my pc to a new case. Much improved airflow and new Arctic Silver Ceramique on the northbridge and CPU has produced a substantial reduction in runing temperatures and, it still works!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…