One for Access 2000 wizards!

Chris the Ancient 08:56 23 Feb 05

Out most of the day, so will check back on occasions and tonight.

I have been using the Access standard template wizard for trials on 'Contact Management'.

However, no matter what I do in Tools/Startup, I cannot get the database window to be 'hidden' on start up. It always shows as minimised in the bottom left hand corner. All other functions in Tools/Startup work fine, it's just the 'Hide Database Window' that doesn't!

Any thoughts/ideas etc?

TIA

Chris

JaßîsFaß ˜ 12:45 23 Feb 05

If you want to hide the Database window, you need to display a startup form or data access page so that others can navigate in your application. Otherwise the database window will come up minimized.

Do you know how to use Macro in Access titled autoexec to open a startup form?

JaßîsFaß ˜ 12:46 23 Feb 05

Autoexec -

Create a macro containing the actions you want to run when you open the database (e.g. Open main start up form or menu).

Save the macro with the name AutoExec.
The next time you open the database, Microsoft Access runs this macro automatically.

Chris the Ancient 13:38 23 Feb 05

There is a switchboard already there - MS provided it as part of the wizard. That's what makes it so darned annoying.

I've tried all the usual things - done it on several of my own databases. It seems to be a vagary of that preset template that's available under the 'new database' facility.

It's just this only occasion I've not seen the 'hide' facility show.

If you have a spare couple of minutes, see what happens if you try the provided 'Contact Management' database! Its weird!.

Chris

JaßîsFaß ˜ 14:19 23 Feb 05

You're correct, even trying an autoexec does not resolve the database window being minimised.

However, if you change the Startup settings to start on a different form to the Switchboard, e.g. contacts, then the database window is hidden completely.

JaßîsFaß ˜ 14:21 23 Feb 05

This is because the code set for the Switchboard Form in it's property 'On Open' has the following

Private Sub Form_Open(Cancel As Integer)
' Minimize the database window and initialize the form.

On Error GoTo Form_Open_Err

' Minimize the database window.
DoCmd.SelectObject acForm, "Switchboard", True
DoCmd.Minimize

' Move to the switchboard page that is marked as the default.
Me.Filter = "[ItemNumber] = 0 AND [Argument] = 'Default' "
Me.FilterOn = True

Form_Open_Exit:
Exit Sub

Form_Open_Err:
MsgBox Err.Description
Resume Form_Open_Exit

End Sub

Chris the Ancient 15:27 23 Feb 05

Well spotted!!

I tried looking to see if there were any modules making that minimise and only looked in the modules - not forms.

Well done. I shall now do that!

Chris

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…