Onboard Video

denali 12:43 17 Nov 05

I have fitted a new graphics card to my neighbours old (very Old) Packard Bell. Its accepted and the drivers are loaded from 98se disk. When restarted it says It does not support multi-screen. I have gone to the Bios to disable onboard graphics but (showing my ignorance) cannot find anything. Onboard sound is there. What I would really like to know is do they use any other words for video. here are things there I just do not understand. Onboard FDD and three onboard paralell ports with numbers and letters. If anyone can understand a word of this I would reall like some help.

Strawballs 12:51 17 Nov 05

I had the same problem with my first system when I fitted a PCI card (No agp slot) mine was a jumper on the mainboard if your neighbour has a mainboard book look it up but being packard bell you will be lucky I had to use a magnifying glass to find the jumper but all worked fine after I found and changed it.

denali 12:55 17 Nov 05

Strawballs: Thanks a lot. Any idea what the jumper would be called?

Strawballs 13:02 17 Nov 05

If I remember it had VGA beside it in very tiny writing

denali 13:12 17 Nov 05

Strawballs. hanks a lot. Found it on first attempt. You are a scholar and a gentleman.

Strawballs 13:17 17 Nov 05

No problem I wish I had been a member of this forum then would have saved me a couple of hours of head scratching only glad that I could help.

Strawballs 13:18 17 Nov 05

Sorry missed out a sentance should have said wish I had been a member of this forum "when I did mine"

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…