onboard sound and new sound card problem

sidmo 17:10 24 Apr 03

onboard sound was not working properly i.e. we could hardly hear it even when turned up full blast.Assuming it to be broke I have disabled it in bios and bought a new sound card but the problem still persists. I have checked everything and can find no problems. Can anyone advise?
using XP pro, new card is working in another computer and speakers are all ok.

woodchip 17:14 24 Apr 03

If it's like win8 double click on speaker icon in task bar turn volum up to full on play back

woodchip 17:16 24 Apr 03

PS or look in Control Panel double click multimedia Turn up to full

Stalker 17:25 24 Apr 03

Three things to check in the same area, if you go into the control panel using the classic view, you will have an option saying 'Sounds and audio devices' click on that and make sure that device volume is turned up then click on speaker volume and check the same, they are turned up, then goto advanced and you have got the right speaker setup selected, sometimes, only using 2 speakers in there when you might have 4!

Stalker

sidmo 17:31 24 Apr 03

have already done all of the above, anything else I could try?

woodchip 18:47 24 Apr 03

Get better speakers

woodchip 18:48 24 Apr 03

PS min's 240 Watt

Nonnyriley 18:55 24 Apr 03

I had the exact same problem, it was because my speakers had no "knob" to turn. So bought some that had and my onboard sound worked fine :)

stratcat 19:10 24 Apr 03

I had a similar problem,Solved it by downloading
new drivers for sound card.

sidmo 21:02 24 Apr 03

Problem solved by teenager desperate to play her music, not sure what she did though.
thanks for all your replies.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Xiaomi Mi5s review: The Xiaomi flagship that could replace your Samsung, LG, HTC or Apple phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Mental Canvas is a brand new drawing app that's quite unlike any other

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's super-expensive new…