Onboard soubnd not working...

Samuelson 14:52 18 Sep 05

I have a PC Chips M870 v2.0 motherboard.

The sound doesnt want to work on it, all the usual stuff checked; enabled in BIOS, correct drivers installed etc etc.

Still no sound, the speakers a connected correctly and both the front and rear audio ports are the same.

Any ideas?

chub_tor 15:08 18 Sep 05

Have you checked that the volume control is not turned down or that the output has been muted via Control Panel Sounds, Speech and Audio Devices.

Also eliminate the speakers to make sure that they are not faulty - either try another set or a pair of headphones.

Samuelson 15:16 18 Sep 05

Definatly not muted or turned down etc.

Speakers working fine.

chub_tor 15:31 18 Sep 05

According to the manual click here there is the ability to have a connector to the front panel (I assume that this is the one you refer to) Have you got this connected correctly?

Samuelson 16:01 18 Sep 05

I have tried it with and without the front panel connected. No luck.

chub_tor 16:09 18 Sep 05

I have been assuming all along that you get no sounds at all eg using wav sounds or mp3 via Media Player and that it is not just a problem associated with the leads etc from your CD or DVD drive. If this is so and you are sure that sound is enabled in the bios, the drivers are the most recent and that the speakers are good and plugged into the line out socket (the middle one of the stack) then it must me a mobo fault. Sorry

chub_tor 16:24 18 Sep 05

One afterthought, I presume that you have checked within Device Manager - Sound, Video, Game Controllers - that the AC97 Sound is present plus its codecs etc.

Samuelson 19:53 18 Sep 05

Yep - No sounds at all.

And yep, all enabled correctly. AC97 + Codecs showing OK in device manager.

I thought it was mobo fault, but then I heard of other people with same problem. Made me wonder if there was a fix. If not then cheapo sound card it is, cant be fussed with returning the mobo since its all set up now.

I guess its off to ebuyer.com then...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…