Onboard ethernet

toga 20:04 05 Oct 04

I have aquired a new motherboard (K8V Delux; running windows XP pro). Everything is working ok with the exception of broadband (telewest) via the onboard 3com 3c940 ethernet connection.

If I use a PCI based NIC broadband connects ok. I have downloaded the latest bios upgrade and 3com drivers from the asus site but with no success.

Has anyone experienced the same problem with this motherboard or anything similar with onboard ethernet. Please help I haven't much hair left.

TomJerry 20:22 05 Oct 04

(1) Is Ethernet adaptor work properly? Get into "Device Manager" from "Control panel", "system", "Hardware". Then find the Ethernet adaptor. If it works, then you should not see any yellow "!" with it. Otherwise, uninstall driver and install correct driver again.

If you cannot find it in Device Manager, you need to get into Bios set up, go to integrated device and enable ethernet adaptor.

(2) Once Ethernet adaptor working, you need to check setting for it. Just right click in network adaptor and open up TCP/IP setting screen and set "Get IP address automatically".

Steps I described maybe not exact, but these are basic idea.

BIG Ben strikes 10 again! 20:25 05 Oct 04

same problem with a asusA7N deluxe,i then figured i had to install the drivers for it!!!!.its working ok now,have you tryed the cd it came with?.contact asus i would,see what they have to say about.good luck.ben

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…