Onboard Audio Disable

Lorenzo 01:35 11 Dec 03

Please can anyone tell me how to disable the onboard sound on a 'Microstar MS 6183 Ver:1' Motherboard.
I have changed the jumper over as shown in the manual and disabled it in the bios.
When I reboot the onboard sound it is still detected both by the bios & Windows 98 therfore using up the resourses needed for a PCI Soundcard.

Hope you have some suggestions - Laurence

Giggle n' Bits 01:40 11 Dec 03

Is this M/board a Intel or AMD Based CPU board.

I am just going to look at the board now from click here

I see it is slot 1.

Will be back in a mo.

Giggle n' Bits 01:52 11 Dec 03

I just downloaded. Have you disable the correct jumper ?

In the Bios sounds right, dissable Audio, may be along the lines of Ac97 or Sound Blaster I would go back and check the change is right. You might have exit the bios with not saving the change.

Have you pulled out the Audio cable from the CD drives if any. They are usually little thin grey wires going to the motherboard.

Maybe a Clr of the CMOS, but only if you can rember how to reconfigure the cmos.

Stuartli 09:27 11 Dec 03

Normally, at least with an Award Bios, you just disable Onboard Sound in the Bios and save the change on exit.

Lorenzo 16:48 11 Dec 03

The motherboard is based on the Intel 810 chipset and the jumper to change as indicated in the downloaded MS06183 ATX WH9 user guide is JP4.
The Bios is AMI and the option to disable is in the Plug & Play section.
I have saved the changes also but still the same. CDROM to audio removed also.
This MB uses the 'ADI SoundMax Drivers' in Windows and not the Creative Drivers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant