Olympus/Fuji xD picture card adapter

GRFT 11:05 08 Apr 05

Does anyone know what type adapter a Panasonic DMR-E95 DVD Recorder requires for xD picture cards? I've already had to return one on the basis of the vague information given in the user guide. Many thanks.

pj123 11:45 08 Apr 05

According to the spec the Memory Card Slot will accept:

SD / MMC • Memory Stick • CompactFlash • SmartMedia Card • XD-Picture

Unless, of course, that's the "vague information" you are referring to.

Does it only have 1 card slot? Was any sort of adapter supplied with the Unit? I have a printer with a Card Slot but I have to have a separate PCMCIA adapter for every different Memory Card.
Maybe the Panasonic takes PCMCIA?

For full spec click here

GRFT 15:16 08 Apr 05

The DVD recorder has two slots; one that an SD card can slot into directly, plus a PC card slot (according to Panasonic) that requires a Type II PC card adapter. An xD picture card would appear to be compatible with this adapter, but it isn't, as I found out and had to return the one I bought. The adapter slotted into the recorder OK, but no way would the tiny xD picture card connect. On contacting Panasonic they said the PC adapter was not, after all, suitable and that I would have to ask Olympus or Fuji to find out which adapter I needed. (Talk about passing the buck!) Olympus has two on their website an MACF-10 and a NAPC-10, and after about 4 weeks I'm still waiting on a reply from them.
Thanks for your interest.

russmini 18:09 08 Apr 05

not too sure if this will help but i know there is a cf to xd card made by fuji, also one just being released by delkin a bit more reasonably priced, the fuji one is on amazon ( search cf to xd ), not sure of the delkin one though, but i was quoted £35 from a shop for this one so guess £25 - £ 30 from amazon or equiv.

Technotiger 19:09 08 Apr 05

Hi, you might find what you want among this lot.

click here

GRFT 07:59 09 Apr 05

I've ordered what appears to be the adapter I need from Amazon. Thak you very much for your help.

GRFT 06:35 13 Apr 05

The adapter required is the Fujifilm PC Card Adapter type DPC-AD. As well as xD-Picture Cards it also accepts SmartMedia cards (3.3V only.) I've just received one from Amazon and it works fine. Many thanks to the Forum members who put me on the right track; but no thanks at all to Panasonic's UK Helpline, who proved to be useless.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…