Olympus Delay

I've got a olympus c350 zoom.When I press the shutter there is a short delay before it takes a picture,is this just afault with olympus or a settings problem.I'm thinking of buying a Cannon A85 instead.will this be much better?

GANDALF <|:-)> 20:34 02 Jan 05

Many digital cameras suffer from this. You will soon get used to it.

G

Eargasm 00:35 03 Jan 05

Iv'e got an olympus 350 zoom as well, and mine has a slight delay before taking a picture, it takes a bit of getting used to.

Completealias 02:25 03 Jan 05

Same here but with a kodax easyshare takes a bit of getting used to but theres nothing wrong with ya camera

Diemmess 07:43 03 Jan 05

I think you have recognised the least attractive feature of most digital cameras.

Until recently at least, (there may be new exceptions now) the delay goes with the machine!

I believe some of the high end professional models with a 5 figure price tag are better.

If you want a snap of some quick changing scene it is quite a challenge. It teaches the author to anticipate!

What you are asking of the camera is to format and save a ?X? Mb image almost instantly, and even some computers have a delay while that happens.

Andsome 08:32 03 Jan 05

I think it is also to do with the auto focus mechanism.

jack 08:36 03 Jan 05

Concur This is the symptom of the digital imaging era. It takes a few milliseconds for the data to collect and transfer.
Some cameras do allow rapid successive frames after the intiial imaging [My Olympus E10 for example will give 4/5 snap-snap-snap shots before it runs out of steam and has to get its breath back so to speak]

Thanks for the info,at leastthere was no delay in getting some pointers,thanks againI had a fuji before this one,which I didn't notice any delay but it was not very solid fell apart when it hit the floor,at least the olympus bounces.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…