olympus c-770 &Mpeg4 video files crash videostudio

kspatto 22:53 20 Oct 05

hello I recently upgraded my PC to XP SP2 from XP SP1 now my copy of video studio(supplied with the camera) will not process my Mpeg 4 clips into a single movie this function was fine before the upgrade do you know of any patches for this software or do you know if this is a common problem

my camera is a C-770 ultra zoom

this is the error signature

AppName: vstudio.exe AppVer: ModName: ulaacdec.dll
ModVer: Offset: 0000bba8

any help would be most appreciated

woodchip 22:55 20 Oct 05

Have you first tried Removing the Software from Add Remove Programs, Then reload

kspatto 23:05 20 Oct 05

yes first thing on the menu also downloaded all the upgrades(2 years old mind you )it was working fine before upgrade and i have even tried it on another machine with SP2 with the same problem also tried moving the clips around but as soon as you get to about 18% processed it cabbages
tried a search and a german guy has had the identical problem but up to now all ulead want to do is sell me their latest version of videostudio

thanks anyway

woodchip 23:29 20 Oct 05

One thing may work. You could try running it in Win98se compatible mode. It may be worth a try. To do that, go to Windows Explorer find the Program Folder then look for the main Program .EXE file that starts the program running Right click and choose properties you will see the bit to change, it's a drop down list

kspatto 00:30 21 Oct 05

yes may give that a go hopefully olympus may know a bit about this problem am still awaiting their reply

kspatto 16:21 21 Oct 05

tried compatibility mode(all of them)made matters worst if anything but the funny thing is this is exactly what uleads customer services suggested ulead grrrr

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…