olympus

madPentium 15:03 02 Sep 03

I have a friend who is a keen photographer and he has upgraded to xp pro.
His ES-10 olympus film scanner isnt detected and I cant find any drivers. I've tried emailing olympus several times, but no replies. It's a parallel device with no usb options.

Any ideas please.

mark500 23:34 04 Sep 03

click here For the driver you require. You will need to register with them (FOR FREE!)

madPentium 08:28 05 Sep 03

many thanks but this isnt for XP ? is it?

powerless 08:31 05 Sep 03
  madPentium 14:35 05 Sep 03

Thanks again but if you read the comments below the driver from users, it says the driver does not work in XP :(

Diemmess 16:46 05 Sep 03

This is the downside of 'up' grading. Someone is going to have to search - possibly without a result. You can only try various drivers and hope.

You might find some genius has written a driver for you, or a specially friendly photography retail shop (complete with in-house genius)may have a solution.

All manufacturers seem to lose interest in updating drivers for old hardware. Epson gave up on Photo 700 drivers for the then newer (ECP) motherboards about 2 years ago.

It is the Parallel Port that is your problem, so find someone who will buy the old scanner at a reasonable price and do what Olympus want you to do and buy new - Oh Dear!

madPentium 21:08 05 Sep 03

well this confirms it...had this email from Olmypus, finally...

Dear Mr Horwood,
I'm afraid the ES 10 only works with Win 95 and 98.

Kind regards
Marcus Cannon
Customer Support

Olympus Optical Co. (UK) Ltd.
2-8 Honduras Street,
London
EC1Y 0TX.

yet another sale is forced :(

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…