olivetti ANY_WAY wireless - HELP!!!

Kanedmick 19:15 02 Feb 06

This is a new printer from ARGOS. In theory it can be accessed wirelessly. Here the fun begins! It was quite easy to set it up with a direct USB connection, but wireless - that's a whole different ballgame. Has anyone managed to set it up yet? I have a centrino laptop and a Netopia wireless router connected to broadband. The instructions say the Printer can connect either "ad hoc" ie direct to the laptop or through the router. But neither seems to work. HELP??

keewaa 19:32 02 Feb 06

If you log into the router can you see the printer in the list of connected devices?

When you added it as network printer on the laptop, what happened?

Did you unplug the USB before trying to add it wirelessly?

Is there a switch on the printer to enable / disable wireless?

Does the laptop detect the printer in available networks?

Kanedmick 19:48 02 Feb 06

Ta getting back!

Answers to your q's:

If you log into the router can you see the printer in the list of connected devices? No

When you added it as network printer on the laptop, what happened? I didnt do this as I was following the instructions

Did you unplug the USB before trying to add it wirelessly? Yes

Is there a switch on the printer to enable / disable wireless? No

Does the laptop detect the printer in available networks? No

What do I do now?

Ta!

Kanedmick 19:51 02 Feb 06

Actually, a green light on the printer is lit which comes on if the printer finds a wireless network itself -but that's it, I'm afraid.

keewaa 20:08 02 Feb 06

On Olivetti web site there is a bluetooth and photo Wi-fi. Are you sure you have the wi-fi photo version, as the other is just bluetooth?

Kanedmick 20:15 02 Feb 06

Nah! I'm sure it is Wifi - Olivetti ANY_WAY wifi is on the box and on the machine.

keewaa 20:24 02 Feb 06

There's no info on the web site, so I can't help, I don't know what the CD does or what the instructions say, but I would guess you'd have to run the Network setup Wizard for file and print sharing to get it to work from the router.

Kanedmick 20:30 02 Feb 06
  keewaa 20:51 02 Feb 06

Ok I'll have a look, sent you email.

keewaa 21:20 02 Feb 06

Ok so the green light is on and it has found the network. It should already be in infrastructure mode to connect to the router.

I'd unplug the internet from the wall plug and then disable any software firewalls until you have it working. re-enable them before internet again.

It seems you need to run some network configuration page (either during setup or from toolbox (Network settings function)) to get the correct SSID and WEP/WPA

I'd say it's something in these 2 areas, but I can't help much more than that.

keewaa 21:26 02 Feb 06

yea, work through the settings on page 30 onwards, and just ask if you're not sure, I'll be on tomorrow again sometime.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…