Olivetti ANY-WAY photo wireless printer/scanner

Hugg6ear 12:14 21 Jan 07

I am trying to install this device on my home network consisting of a Wanadoo Livebox router, XP desktop and XP laptop. The printer works fine on USB connection but not wireless. The installation seems to complete ok and the printer's green wireless light comes on, indicating it has contact with the router. Without the USB connection the test page cannot find the printer. The printer shows online on the laptop. I cannot find/display the printer ipaddress in the CMD window or in the Livebox. Is there anyway I can display the settings in the printer. Is there anything else I can try?

Ashrich 14:42 21 Jan 07

Have a look in the printer software ( drivers ) Go into ..start/settings/printers and faxes / and right click on your printer and select " properties " and have a look in the " ports " tab to show the software where the printer is .

Ashley

Hugg6ear 14:58 21 Jan 07

Thanks Ashley, I have tried that and when I highlite the printer and click on config it says nothing to configure.
Ian.

Ashrich 22:44 21 Jan 07

Yes , but which port is it saying it is attached to ...it should be virtual port , either wireless or network , something like that , instead of being attached to a com port , will probably begin with //**** Local Port then a description of the printer .

Ashley

Hugg6ear 09:49 22 Jan 07

Thanks Ashley. The port is defined with ' IR Local Port Any-way etc.
Ian.

Ashrich 20:19 22 Jan 07

IR ? Infra Red .....

Ashley

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…