OLEAUT32.DLL problem

Tim1964 22:11 21 Jan 04

This evening I tried to check if Spyware blaster needed updating but on trying to open it the following error message popped up....

"OLEAUT32.DLL is out of date, a newer version is required" and if I click on OK the prog doesn't open. This is also happening with Ogg Convertor prog.

Any ideas on how to fix this

(In VERY simple terms)

Thanks,

MichelleC 22:30 21 Jan 04

You can get a replacement here click here It's a while since I changed a dll but I think you rename original to ....old and install new one. If it's even more probs you can revert to original.

Tim1964 22:57 21 Jan 04

Thanks for the link MichelleC. have downloaded the file and will look for info about what to do with it. I could just move it into the windows/system folder butI don't want to muck anything up ;-(

Tim1964 19:16 22 Jan 04

I unable to move/extract the file into the system folder as an error message says that the file is in use???

MichelleC 19:33 22 Jan 04

You renamed original to OLEAUT32.DLL old, and it didn't work? Can you do it in safemode?

There's a few other ways to rectify; you can either CLEAN (no files remaining, even in registry) uninstall Spyware blaster and reinstall, or try a system file checker (depending on os).

Tim1964 00:32 23 Jan 04

Thanks MichelleC

I needed to install VBRuntime 6.0 to support the prog. The download page on the ogg converter site had a link to it, all sorted.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…