oleaut dll error

garbi 12:41 06 May 03

windows me pre installed on my laptop
128 mb memory 800 celeron

when closing help and support, system info i recieve following error HELPCTR CAUSED ERROR IN OLEAUT 32 DLL TRY RESTARTING.Dr Watson reports OLeaut 32 dll performed an invalid memory access

OLEAUT 32 DLL
VERSION 2.40 4515

please help i am an inexperianced user
thank you.

Belatucadrus 12:48 06 May 03

You also posted this same query yesterday, have you tried downloading VB 6.0 runtime files as suggested ?

Belatucadrus 22:13 06 May 03

In answer to your e-mail, here is a link to the Webattack missing files page click here , it explains it more succinctly than I could, so quoting direct

"Developers sometimes assume that most people have those files, however if you don't download very often and don't use a lot of software other than what came with your computer - you may need an additional support file here and there. Microsoft releases new "Run-time" files every now and then, they allow software developers to make use of the latest technology when creating new software. In order for YOU to use these programs, you need to update your Windows system with these files. Many software products requires the VB6 Runtimes or the earlier version, the VB5 Runtimes. "

If you download the VB runtime 6.0 file, it's an executable file that installs the listed dlls, so all you have to do is run it. I think 6.0 is likely to be the most useful as one of the dlls that it installs is OLEAUT 32 DLL, so while it may not resolve your current problem, as it isn't going to do any harm it seems worth a go.

garbi 19:16 08 May 03

the oleaut dll file in the vb runtime6.0 has a lower version number than the one currently on my system will it cause any detremenle effects if i download.please advise.

Belatucadrus 19:21 08 May 03

As the VB file is posted by Microsoft I doubt it, anybody care to confirm ?

canard 23:44 08 May 03

It may affect your use of microsoft office.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…