Oldish desktop PC, New Laptop & Orange Livebox??

Marty Moose 13:11 09 Dec 06

Hi!I've recently bought a new Dell Inspiron 6400 laptop and wanted to use it wireless on BB at home.I've taken advantage of the Orange Livebox offer and the Livebox is on its way.I currently run Orange BB on a Thomson Speedtouch modem on my old desk top PC and having now done some reading around realise that my old PC needs extra bits for the new livebox to work!!(Yes I know - should have read up first!!)
Can you help with a few questions please (I'm sure I'll have more when it comes!)
1)Have I figured out correctly that I can use my laptop wireless from Livebox, but to run my old PC Wired from the livebox I will need an Ethernet(??**!* - read it but don't know what it means!!)connection on my old PC??
2)I've ordered an Ethernet card to install - Impressed!? (also a card with extra USB ports on it - I only have 2 at the mo), are these easy enough to install - anyone got an idiot guide with pictures???
3)Are there any key pointers I should know before tackling all of this myself.
I'm quite good following instructions and working stuff out, it's the technical jargon that baffles me!
Would welcome any advice and tips!I'm sure I won't be the only one!
Many Thanks - for now

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now