Old software on Windows PX

MIKE 18:02 15 Nov 03

I am at present using a Gateway computer with Windows 98. i am thinking of buying a new computer, will my present software work on Windows PX ?.
I have Norton antivirus 2000 and similar software.
I also use an Agfa U1212u Sacanner and a Canon S630 printer. I'd be very greatful for any information.

pj123 18:06 15 Nov 03

I think you mean Windows XP? and I think most of your software will work but if not you can always download the drivers for XP from the internet anyway.

VoG II 18:07 15 Nov 03

Check click here

spuds 22:49 15 Nov 03

A simple answer: Not Necessary So- some older software will not work with XP.The same thing applies to some older type equipment.

Things have improved on the driver situation, with regards to older type equipment, like printers and scanners.You may be able to download new drivers from the manufacturers site, or find others via the web.

Coming back to your original question. XP as a compatibilty section, which will try to install some of the old programmes, but this doesn't work all the time.I have a very large selection of Win 95/98 programmes, which would have been scrapped, had I not installed a dual O/S on my present computer.Things like Norton, should be okay, but I would check the O/S requirement specification, just in case.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…