Old slides

jim63 10:39 16 Mar 07

I have a lot of old slides which I view on projector. Is it possible to copy these onto discs

Technotiger 10:43 16 Mar 07

Hi, yes, if you have a Scanner that has the ability to scan direct from film/slides you could scan and save them to your hard-drive. Easy then to save to CD/DVD.

jim63 12:22 16 Mar 07

When you say direct to scanner what does that mean. I have the lexmark all-in-one would that do

matofthemint 12:38 16 Mar 07

It isn't 'direct to scanner', he means a scanner that will scan slides and film. Your scanner will tell you if you can scan film/slides (in the directions). If it won't, you will need one that will, or a dedicated film scanner.

Stuartli 12:46 16 Mar 07

One other possibility, if you have a digital camera, is to photograph the slides projected onto your screen.

Technotiger 13:19 16 Mar 07

click here

Have a look at the additional pics in this link, one of which will show you the Slide/Film holder.

I have this scanner - in my opinion, it is excellent.

jim63 15:36 16 Mar 07

Can you get the slide/film holder on it's own as the cost of a new scanner would be out of my range

Woolwell 16:50 16 Mar 07

You need a back light for the slide/film holder and that comes with a scanner that can scan slides/negatives.

Technotiger 17:16 16 Mar 07

Slide/film holder - No, would not work on ordinary scanner.

Bagsey 18:13 16 Mar 07

If you have a lot of these slides then I would recomend any of these special scanners.

click here

I have just finished scanning in all of mine about 2500. They are now on DVDs. Now starting to scan all of my colour negative into positives using the same scanner.

I used the Primefilm 1800u but the 3650pro will be better but of course more costly. But it has Digital ICE which will remove all of the surface scratches and dust marks so is much faster.

bruno 18:32 16 Mar 07

I just bought a Canoscan 4400F as I had several hundred to do and it is excellent.It was about £70.It does four at a time.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now