Old Primax Scanner not working with Windows XP

AndyHP 20:47 31 Oct 05

I have an old Primax Colorado Direct 9600 Scanner (parallel port connection) which simply doesn't want to work with Windows XP home edition.
After loading the drivers I had the message 'Scanner not found'. After reading somewhere about Compatability Mode, I tried installing the TWAIN drivers under the compatablitiy mode, eventually trying all 4 different modes!! Now it recognises the scanner but as soon as I try to scan anything the whichever application i use to scan stops responding!!
Primax do not support XP, so I'm hoping some-one may know a work-around.
The only other info i have found on this is something to do with WINDOWS IMAGE ACQUISITION, I read that changing the default from MANUAL to AUTOMATIC helped somebody, but have no Idea how to change the settings....or even find Windows Image Acquisition!!!
If anyone can help it will be greatly appreciated.

woodchip 20:52 31 Oct 05

Don't think you can get drivers for this scanner to work with XP

This may work as it's for Win2000 and these work more often than not click here

Press the Yellow Download button

GANDALF <|:-)> 20:55 31 Oct 05

click here has a range of |XP drivers for your scanner.

Meshuga 21:21 31 Oct 05

AndyHP, I had the same problem wth my Colorado and finished up dumping the scanner and bought a new one compatible with XP.

Stuartli 23:38 31 Oct 05

The same problem arose with the parallel and USB versions of the Agfa 1212 SnapScan scanner - new XP drivers were released for the USB version but not the parallel.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…