Old person new to computers

dragonlady 14:24 02 Jan 05

Could anyone give me any advice as to where to go to get good tutorials fo XP (free)

ACOLYTE 14:26 02 Jan 05

click here

There is also some built in with xp.

Giggle n' Bits 14:29 02 Jan 05

I would try a taster session from Learn Direct, maybe or your local Library.
To acutally learn xp is not really a course but working with XP is.

You need to familiarise yourself with the computer basics and work your way up. Learn Direct do these and your local college will.

have a look around the click here site on that page you can find nearest centre to yourself or check at your local library.

Learn direct and most courses will be free is you fall into OAP, Sick or unemployed category.

Technotiger 14:42 02 Jan 05

Hi, email me via Yellow Envelope and I will send you a book "Windows XP Plain & Simple" which I no longer need.

Happy New Year.

stalion 15:01 02 Jan 05

visit this forum regularly and you will gain a vast amount of helpful knowledge much of it basic
Regards

john-232317 15:05 02 Jan 05

What a nice tiger he is ;-D

dragonlady,
A few years ago my wife did a course at the local college, i sat at home and like ACOLYTE says looked in the help of each program, i pressed the appropriate buttons and i soon learned a few things. Actually more than the misses on her coarse, because when i came up against a few problems and asked her to ask the tutor he wouldn´t answer because although being very basic, they were not in his course. Dont be frightened cos you cant do a lot wrong that cannot be rectified ;-)

Stuartli 15:11 02 Jan 05

If your local library service is similar to mine, then you will find hundreds of books on computing covering virtually every operating system, programme and application.

Up to a dozen books can be taken out at a time for up to a month and can be renewed with a simple telephone call to save a library visit.

There's also XP's own Help and Support pages...:-)

Technotiger 15:12 02 Jan 05

Awwwh Shuks makin' me blush!!

Technotiger 17:25 02 Jan 05

Hi again, I have replied to your email, I need your address to send book - Do NOT post address here though. Am waiting for your reply, by email.

Book is ready for post-man.

I have been invited out to dinner, so am going off-line now and will have a look back here when I get back later tonight.

spuds 17:49 02 Jan 05

I would suggest that you contact your local Age Concern, Local College or Public Library, as they may have and run a computer course using XP as a base tutorial.You should find that most of these courses are for free for the over 60's, or people with certain benefit entitlements.

Joining one of these suggested outlets can have other advantages. A silver surfer friend of mine, joined one of these courses a couple of years ago,and the end result of that was the formation of a contact club where all the members could exchange information or just have a chat over the internet.

Technotiger 19:09 03 Jan 05

Hi, do you still want the book? - it is ready to send, just need your address, by email again please through my Yellow Envelope.

If you have changed your mind please let me know -someone else might like it; but you still have "first-refusal". :-) Cheers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now