Old pentium 2 & Internet connection

sil_ver 12:13 20 Nov 10

I've got an old PBell P2 350Mhz in excellent order which I've promised to my neice for her 7yr old. She mentioned it would be great if they could connect to the Internet with it. Iknow it's got a 56k modem card and in those days -1990s- it was fine and did the job. My question, is there a way of connecting thru' a router as it doesn't have an ethernet card but does have a couple of USB1 connections (state of the art then)

Jollyjohn 12:20 20 Nov 10

Reply via yellow envelope and assuming there is a spare pci slot in the pc I will send you an ethernet card.
John

sil_ver 13:55 20 Nov 10

Your offer much appreciated JJ but I have a spare e-card. I was hoping that it might be possible via wi-fi if such a card exists as there will be two or three other PCs on the network.

bremner 13:58 20 Nov 10

click here for wireless dongles.

I assume the OS is XP SP3?

Jollyjohn 15:24 20 Nov 10

Wireless pci cards available click here I like the edimax one as the antenna is on a lead and can be placed in a better position than sticking out the back of the tower.

sil_ver 17:17 20 Nov 10

Thanks JJ will pass on the info.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…