old pc wil not boot

i have a p11 350 that has not been used for over 10 months,so i decided to give it to my grandchildren,but after i conected it all up power comes on fan on procesor starts,get a short buzz from one of the drives,and thats it nothing on monitor
can anybody advise ?

Confab 11:07 12 Jul 03

Might be a good idea to try booting from a floppy. If that works you might want to re format the hard drive and re-install your o/s. Then you can give a clean pc to your grandchildren.

johnbhoy 11:08 12 Jul 03

White sox, If it is an integrated system, IE video is on board, ensure only the processor and memory are installed, do not connect hard drive or floppy cable, then power on system and see if you get a display. (if it has it's own vbideo card then ensure this is installed). If you get a display, connect hard drive cable and hard drive and check for a display again, then each piece of hardware until you find the part which is causing your problem.

If you get no display with just the basics, check that the memory is seated correctly and if possible swap the memory for known good memory.

Smiler 11:25 12 Jul 03

Could the CMOS battery be dead?

thanks all for your help.problem now resolved cpu/motherboard retaining clip not locked in position on 1 side...simple things causes big probs

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…