old pc

cahill01 16:54 28 Feb 08

Yes i have an old pc that iam trying to get started. Everything seems fine when starting but it keeps restarting. I have started the pc in safe mode, normal setting, last known configuration, but all the time it keeps restarting. the pc is aoc athlon campus. It was windows 98, but upgraded it to windows xp pro.it also has 512 of ram. Can any one help please.

skidzy 17:24 28 Feb 08

Possible MBR = Master Boot Record is corrupt.

Try a repair; click here

Better still,follow this guideline click here

wee eddie 18:35 28 Feb 08

Give it a blow out. There could be a lot of dust inside. Overheating may be the problem.

sharpamat 19:04 28 Feb 08

If this was running Win 98 then presume the processor is slow, with only 512 of ram if it did start it would be so slow .
suggest you post processor speed but may require much done before running XP Pro

chub_tor 19:15 28 Feb 08

You can disable the automatic restarting by right clicking My Computer, then clicking on Properties, Advanced, Startup & Recovery, Settings and untick Automatically Restart. With a bit of luck when your PC crashes instead of restarting it will show you an error message and then you can diagnose the problem.

skidzy 19:33 28 Feb 08

Im afraid your post is not possible as it looks like a looping system,though i maybe corrected of course.

JasonZBell 04:26 06 May 08

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…