Old mouse works with XP but not W7

bumpkin 23:59 17 Aug 13

Hi, I have dug out an old wireless belkin mouse, giant rat by todays standards but it does everything I need and I find it more comfortable to use than something the size of a matchbox. It also does not send the cursor into hyperspace as soon as I touch it. Tried on 2 XP machines and no problem but can't get it working with W7 for some reason.

Kevscar1 05:28 18 Aug 13

go to the makers site and see if there are W7 drivers

bumpkin 09:30 18 Aug 13

I meant to post this in the helproom. Thanks Kevscar, will check that out.

bumpkin 15:18 18 Aug 13

I can’t find a driver on the Belkin site. The mouse and keyboard came as a set referred to as a combo (F8E846ukBNDL-DB). I have installed the drivers from the disk that came with it and the keyboard works but not the mouse although they both work in XP. I don’t want to use the keyboard anyway but there was no option to just install the mouse. I am not really bothered if I can’t get it working just though I would give it a try expecting to just plug it in and use it.

Quickbeam 18:24 18 Aug 13

It must prefer the older mature cheddar.

Aitchbee 18:50 18 Aug 13

It might have a squeaky mechanism ... a tiny skoosh of WD40 might help.

bumpkin 19:22 18 Aug 13

Quickbeam & Aitchbee, thankyou for your constructive input. I think that I may have now found the cause of it's early demise. In the instruction manual after the bit about disposing of the batteries which are presumably Plutonium it does clearly state "Not to be stored with Rentokill products"

bumpkin 19:29 18 Aug 13

Or maybe my rodentbyte software is blocking it

Aitchbee 19:58 18 Aug 13

You might have a loose moose.

click here

bumpkin 21:36 18 Aug 13

Aitchbee "You might have a loose moose." or maybe you a screw loose. I still think it is an anti-mouseware issue. Unless you and QB are prepared to ratify this then I suggest that you Minnie mize your cheesy comments and stop taking the Mickey.

Forum Editor 22:27 18 Aug 13

Moved to Tech Helproom from Speakers Corner.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…