old monitor

JoeKheng 01:41 10 Feb 03

I was given a 2nd monitor to replace the old one which burnt out.The new (2nd monitor)operates for 10 minutes then slowly loses its sharpness. My question is, is it worthwhilwe to send for repair. thanks joe

Terrahawk 02:06 10 Feb 03

depends how much is the repair going to cost do you get a guarntee with the repair compare this to the cost of a new monitor and see how it pans out there are some crt monitors about at quite reasonable prices these days

PC monitors are not particulary suitable for repair, especially by local repair shops and the like, the best way to repair them is to send them back to the manufacturer - and that costs!
(The postage alone will get you some way towards a new one)

I had a 22" Iiyama Vision master pro that developed a problem in so much as it would not come out of standby or pick up the signal. To have it repaired by Iiyama would have cost in the region of £300 for which they replace most of the essential parts such as tube etc. I did not need a tube, just the electrics sorting but I had no choice in the matter and so gave up and binned it in favour of a new one.

As mentioned above, new VRT monitors are falling in price faster than Troops on Iraq. Get a new one and the peace of mind that goes with it!

Sorry - too early, VRT = CRT!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event live stream | Apple October Event live blog: Watch Apple unveil new MacBook Pro, new…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Lida designs a cross-stitch email sent to thousands of Ikea Family members

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: Faster performance, a brighter screen, water-ret…