old laptop - how do i find out the spec?

BIG ben strikes 10 17:20 13 Aug 04

hi all.i have a ancient laptop that currently has windows 95 on it,i would like to upgrade to windows 98 but i don't know the spec of my laptop it is a "toshiba T2400cs" but i know it has 10mb of ram which i am hoping to upgrade does anyone know where i can get a 16mb module?.thanks.and how to find the spec.i would like to know....cpu speed:,how much i can upgrade ram:,and where i can find this ram?.thanks again.ben

canard 17:23 13 Aug 04

Belarc Adviser click here

VoG II 17:23 13 Aug 04

You could use Belarc click here to find out what is inside.

BIG ben strikes 10 17:29 13 Aug 04

thankyou both i am downloading it now

BIG ben strikes 10 18:02 13 Aug 04

when i try to run the program on my windows 95 laptop it says a rundll32 has performed an ilegal operation the program will be shut down?.any ideas?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:17 13 Aug 04

If belarc is giving trouble try Aida32 click here

cream. 19:24 13 Aug 04

I think aida is now everest Fruit Bat /\0/\. They changed it quite recently. Try click here and download the home edition.

BIG ben strikes 10 19:49 13 Aug 04

aida is rubbish it dosn't let me register when i do it says ive registered already and i should have a user name and password which i don't.the berlarc does however work on my windows XP he machine but not on windows 95.thanks anyway guys

wee eddie 20:04 13 Aug 04

I do not know it, but it has been mentioned a couple of times in the last year or two.

If you can find it, Belarc will do the biz

Molded 20:09 13 Aug 04

You could look here for a memory upgrade:

click here

I'm sorry about this but - [I have a spec for the machine]- I'll email it to you via the envelope.

It's not the thing to do I know but I don't have the time to type it in full.

Apologies to members :-)

BIG ben strikes 10 20:13 13 Aug 04

thanks i have searched google for "Belarc for windows 95" this is a different one..i think it is...well ill give it a shot!.thanks everyone

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…