Old green tick question

john bunyan 22 Nov 12

I have w7, IE9 When I try to green tick an answer, it will not change colour. I tried to change the PCA site to compatibility view, using tools, compatibility view, but no symbol appeared in the website's bar. I seem to recall that this was a solution. Any views on both issues?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22 Nov 12

Using any ad blockers?

john bunyan 22 Nov 12

*Fruit Bat /\0/*

Yes, DVT+ , Abine, Easy List.(Latter 2 Via Safety, Tracking protection)

john bunyan 22 Nov 12

Should have said DNT+. not DVT!!!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22 Nov 12

try disabling one at a time and attempt the tick

doubt its DNT though.

john bunyan 22 Nov 12

Tried disabling each in turn - still no green tick. Can I "Force" "compatibility view" to apply? I cannot seem to get the icon to appear but think it was there recently.(the double W looking one)

rdave13 22 Nov 12

I seem to remember having a similar problem with IE9. No icon on the address bar. Still on this site I went to tools, compatibility view settings and you can add this site for it to always show in CV. That didn't help so ran IE without add-ons (under system tools) and it worked OK. Can't remember which add-on affected it though.

john bunyan 23 Nov 12

Thanks for suggestions. Will try them. I usually wait for MS to update IE - is IE 10 out as a main option or as a test option?

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message