old google

victorsj 17:10 23 Aug 10

Hi, I have just by mistake put google chrome onto my pc and I want to go back to old google - can anyone tell me in easy stages how to do this? thanks

onthelimit 17:22 23 Aug 10

Google Chrome is browser. Google is a search engine. There is no 'new' and 'old'. Explain more about what you want to do.

northumbria61 17:30 23 Aug 10

You can remove Google Chrome like any other Windows program. Follow these steps:
Click the Start menu on your computer taskbar.Select All Programs.Select Google Chrome.Select Uninstall Google Chrome.Click the Yes button in the confirmation dialog box.

The uninstall process will begin and all your Google Chrome browser and application shortcuts will also be removed.

Alternatively, you can double-click Add or Remove programs in Window XP's Control Panel or Programs and Features in Windows Vista, select Google Chrome in the list, and click the Remove button.

Google Chrome leaves behind your profile information in case you wish to reinstall in the future. To delete this information, go to%USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome in Windows XP or%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome in Windows Vista.

robin_x 17:55 23 Aug 10

You have to vey careful when you install new apps because they often say "Replace Google.com" with "ask.com" as your default search box.

I haven't got quite to grips with fixing it.

victorsj 19:05 23 Aug 10

I just want to be able to see google on my pc in the old format form - is there any way I can do this?

Ian in Northampton 20:27 23 Aug 10

I think what you need to do is to navigate to click here in whichever browser you are using, and set it as your home page. You can do this with Google Chrome. Go to the 'spanner' icon, click on 'options', click on the 'basics' tab, click on the 'open the home page' radio button, click on the 'open this page' in the homepage section and type in 'click here. Now, whenever you load Chrome, it will automatically show Google.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…