Old email address question

rawprawn 07:39 31 Jul 07

I changed my ISP about 3 weeks ago from Tiscali to BT. I am still able to pick up emails at my old Tiscali address. Can anyone tell me how long this service is likely to last?

Taff™ 07:48 31 Jul 07

About another week I would think. If you need to keep it I suggest you speak to Tiscali and opt for a PAYG account. Then by using the old dial up modem once a month you should be able to keep it.

rawprawn 07:56 31 Jul 07

Thanks Taff™, no I don't really need it any more most of my mail comes to my new address, but just occasionally an odd one arrives that I hadn't accounted for, so I have been picking them up. I have programmed Outlook to collect from all addresses. I guess when I get an error code that will be it.

Batch 11:37 31 Jul 07

You didn't say if your old ISP was dial-up (e.g. PAYG) or b'band.

If it is the former, you'll find that Tiscali don't tend to terminate the usage (even if you never dial-in), as long as you check the account occasionally. Not sure what their policy on b'band is, but with many ISPs the email is tied in with the b'band - so when you terminate you lose the email. That's why I don't use my b'band email account(s) - too much hassle if I then change b'band suppliers.

rawprawn 16:29 31 Jul 07

Thanks Batch, I'm BB. No problems.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…